Saturday, September 14, 2013

The New Temple Movie - Some thoughts and feelings

Having recently attended the temple, it was inspirational to me to view the new temple movie. The plot, the characters and the words were all the same, but the style, presentation and feeling was amazing.

I came away from the endowment session that day with a renewed understanding of who I am, where I came from and where I am going. It helped me to understand, in a deeper way, the creation of this earth, the love our Heavenly Father and Savior have for me -- The pattern of organization, development and planned systems for Heavenly Father allowing his children the opportunity to be like him.

I came to understand better the critical and important decision that Adam and Eve made to allow God's plan to take place. It was a selfless decision, one that extended the opportunity to all of God's children, and not just Adam and Eve, to come to this earth and partake of eternal life and exaltation. Their decision was to extend the title of "Adam and Eve" to each of us. As it says in the movie dialogue that we are to consider ourselves as if we were Adam and Eve. There is deep and rich symbolism in that action.

I learned more fully that Satan is deceitful, a lier and a cheat. He wants to destroy God's plan and us. Nothing good comes from him, and never will. With gold and silver he has purchased and controls evil and wicked people, governments, organizations, media and so on. He is not, nor ever should be, our friend. Everything bad comes from him. Everything good comes from God.

12 Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God; and that which is evil cometh of the devil; for the devil is an enemy unto God, and fighteth against him continually, and inviteth and enticeth to sin, and to do that which is evil continually.

13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.

14 Wherefore, take heed, my beloved brethren, that ye do not judge that which is evil to be of God, or that which is good and of God to be of the devil. (Moroni 7:12-14)

So I had it re-enforced to me that day that I need to do everything in my power to do good continually. If I don't, then I am following Satan. He wants me to be miserable like him.

On the other hand, my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ want me to be happy like them. They want me to have, not just happiness on this earth life, but happiness forever. The only way I can do that is to follow their counsel... to follow their spirit... to listen to those quiet and soft voices and impressions. 



Those voices are best heard when I am living the commandments, when I am clearing my mind of clutter, when I am listening with my spiritual ears.

Although the new temple movie was the same information portrayed, it impressed upon me the stark reality of life and my personal mission here.

From that day, I made a renewed promise to the Lord that I was going to try harder and do better. I hope we can all do the same.

Love, Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment