"He is Here!" Born of Mary. The Son of the Most Highest. He is our Savior, our Atoner, our King.
He is not a distant memory, nor a story of long ago, but is alive and real today. He lives. He is amongst us. He is in our temples, our churches and our homes.
In the Doctrine and Covenants 84:88 he said ... "...for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."
While serving in the temple, I heard story after story from our temple president of how frequently the Savior visits His temple. Although I have never seen Him with my physical eyes, I have seen Him with my spiritual eyes. I know He lives. I know He is real. I have been in His presence. I have walked where He has walked.
He is interested in us personally, and wants us all to return with Him to the presence of the Father. I bear my witness of one who has come to know, that He is real. He paid the ultimate price, the eternal price, which, if we are faithful, we will walk through the gate into His heavenly kingdom. He is the keeper of the gate. And it will be our honor and privilege, if we are worthy, as we approach that gate, to give Him the signs and tokens, which will open the gate to let us through.
Beyond the gate lies our next adventure. We will be given our own piece of the Universe to continue what we began on this earth, that of bearing spirit sons and daughters and helping them get into their own places of habitation, planets upon which they can live, learn and grow, and to learn by faith.
All of this was made possible by a Gethsemanatic act of ultimate kindness, a payment of great price.
As all the excitement of opening presents and playing with new toys and gifts starts to fade a bit today, ponder and reflect upon the ultimate gift that never fades and never breaks. It is the key that will open the gate into our next adventure.
Love,
Dad

No comments:
Post a Comment